- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Auburn senior wins Siemens Foundation award
Jeffrey Wang, a senior at Auburn High School, and Krystle Leung, a senior at Naperville Central High School, were named the Illinois state winners of the 2010 Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement, a signature program of the Siemens Foundation administered by the College Board. The awards recognize up to 100 of America’s top achievers in Advanced Placement Program science and mathematics courses with a $2,000 college scholarship to one male and one female student in each state.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue