- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Auburn senior wins Siemens Foundation award
Jeffrey Wang, a senior at Auburn High School, and Krystle Leung, a senior at Naperville Central High School, were named the Illinois state winners of the 2010 Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement, a signature program of the Siemens Foundation administered by the College Board. The awards recognize up to 100 of America’s top achievers in Advanced Placement Program science and mathematics courses with a $2,000 college scholarship to one male and one female student in each state.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue