- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Black Box Voting founder to speak March 24
From press release
Who will steal the 2012 election, and how will they accomplish it?
Learn how to prevent it by hearing Bev Harris in a special engagement in Rockford.
Northern Illinois Voter Education Forum will sponsor an appearance by Black Box Voting founder, Bev Harris, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Firstborn Ministries Church, 8213 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The speaker’s background as a criminal investigator equipped her for a second career investigating the vulnerabilities that haunt elections. Electronic voting machines are prey to manipulation. One programmer testified in 2004 in an Iowa hearing that he could program a machine (no paper trail) so that “It would flip the vote 51-49.”
The testimony and more can be found in the highly-rated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, available at media outlets. For more information, go to www.SaveTheVote@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue