- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Black Box Voting founder to speak March 24
From press release
Who will steal the 2012 election, and how will they accomplish it?
Learn how to prevent it by hearing Bev Harris in a special engagement in Rockford.
Northern Illinois Voter Education Forum will sponsor an appearance by Black Box Voting founder, Bev Harris, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Firstborn Ministries Church, 8213 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The speaker’s background as a criminal investigator equipped her for a second career investigating the vulnerabilities that haunt elections. Electronic voting machines are prey to manipulation. One programmer testified in 2004 in an Iowa hearing that he could program a machine (no paper trail) so that “It would flip the vote 51-49.”
The testimony and more can be found in the highly-rated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, available at media outlets. For more information, go to www.SaveTheVote@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue