- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Black Box Voting founder to speak March 24
From press release
Who will steal the 2012 election, and how will they accomplish it?
Learn how to prevent it by hearing Bev Harris in a special engagement in Rockford.
Northern Illinois Voter Education Forum will sponsor an appearance by Black Box Voting founder, Bev Harris, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Firstborn Ministries Church, 8213 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The speaker’s background as a criminal investigator equipped her for a second career investigating the vulnerabilities that haunt elections. Electronic voting machines are prey to manipulation. One programmer testified in 2004 in an Iowa hearing that he could program a machine (no paper trail) so that “It would flip the vote 51-49.”
The testimony and more can be found in the highly-rated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, available at media outlets. For more information, go to www.SaveTheVote@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue