- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Black Box Voting founder to speak March 24
From press release
Who will steal the 2012 election, and how will they accomplish it?
Learn how to prevent it by hearing Bev Harris in a special engagement in Rockford.
Northern Illinois Voter Education Forum will sponsor an appearance by Black Box Voting founder, Bev Harris, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Firstborn Ministries Church, 8213 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The speaker’s background as a criminal investigator equipped her for a second career investigating the vulnerabilities that haunt elections. Electronic voting machines are prey to manipulation. One programmer testified in 2004 in an Iowa hearing that he could program a machine (no paper trail) so that “It would flip the vote 51-49.”
The testimony and more can be found in the highly-rated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, available at media outlets. For more information, go to www.SaveTheVote@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue