- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Black Box Voting founder to speak March 24
From press release
Who will steal the 2012 election, and how will they accomplish it?
Learn how to prevent it by hearing Bev Harris in a special engagement in Rockford.
Northern Illinois Voter Education Forum will sponsor an appearance by Black Box Voting founder, Bev Harris, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Firstborn Ministries Church, 8213 N. Alpine Road, Loves Park. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
The speaker’s background as a criminal investigator equipped her for a second career investigating the vulnerabilities that haunt elections. Electronic voting machines are prey to manipulation. One programmer testified in 2004 in an Iowa hearing that he could program a machine (no paper trail) so that “It would flip the vote 51-49.”
The testimony and more can be found in the highly-rated HBO documentary Hacking Democracy, available at media outlets. For more information, go to www.SaveTheVote@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue