- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Blues in the Schools wine tasting fund-raiser March 18
From press release
A Crossroads Blues Society Blues in the Schools (BITS) wine tasting fund-raiser is set for 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, March 18, at Artale Wine Co., 6867 Spring Creek Road.
Tickets are $15. Food will be provided by Joesph Barbados/Pearl, and a large assortment of wines will be available to sample. Tickets are available at the store, whose hours are 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily, except Sundays, when the hours are 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Steve Ditzell will be playing acoustic blues at the event, which is a huge treat for him and attandees. His complete musical biography is at http://www.bluelightningband.com/blue2.htm.
Call the store at (815) 877-9463 for directions or more information.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue