- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Blues in the Schools wine tasting fund-raiser March 18
From press release
A Crossroads Blues Society Blues in the Schools (BITS) wine tasting fund-raiser is set for 5:30-8:30 p.m., Friday, March 18, at Artale Wine Co., 6867 Spring Creek Road.
Tickets are $15. Food will be provided by Joesph Barbados/Pearl, and a large assortment of wines will be available to sample. Tickets are available at the store, whose hours are 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily, except Sundays, when the hours are 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Steve Ditzell will be playing acoustic blues at the event, which is a huge treat for him and attandees. His complete musical biography is at http://www.bluelightningband.com/blue2.htm.
Call the store at (815) 877-9463 for directions or more information.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue