- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Company outsourcing does not promote ‘buy local’
Goodbye to the Rockford Register Star. I try to buy local, and if a company outsources, it is no longer local. I understand it is owned by a company that is not [in] Rockford, but most newspapers are. But to fire your Rockford employees and send that work to Chicago, well, goodbye, remembering the people you just put out of work.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue