- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Correction to charter schools column
The March 9-15 guest column “Charters 402: INCS corrects several misconceptions about charter schools” was incorrectly attributed.
The Rock River Times was notified the day the column was published that the column was not written by the individual who e-mailed it to TRRT, Illinois Network of Charter Schools Communications Manager Jim Publicover. Rather, the column was written by Illinois Network of Charter Schools President Andrew Broy. That was not made clear prior to publication as the original e-mail included only Publicover’s name.
TRRT regrets the error.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue