- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Correction to charter schools column
The March 9-15 guest column “Charters 402: INCS corrects several misconceptions about charter schools” was incorrectly attributed.
The Rock River Times was notified the day the column was published that the column was not written by the individual who e-mailed it to TRRT, Illinois Network of Charter Schools Communications Manager Jim Publicover. Rather, the column was written by Illinois Network of Charter Schools President Andrew Broy. That was not made clear prior to publication as the original e-mail included only Publicover’s name.
TRRT regrets the error.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue