- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Correction to charter schools column
The March 9-15 guest column “Charters 402: INCS corrects several misconceptions about charter schools” was incorrectly attributed.
The Rock River Times was notified the day the column was published that the column was not written by the individual who e-mailed it to TRRT, Illinois Network of Charter Schools Communications Manager Jim Publicover. Rather, the column was written by Illinois Network of Charter Schools President Andrew Broy. That was not made clear prior to publication as the original e-mail included only Publicover’s name.
TRRT regrets the error.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue