- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
IREA offers second food class March 26
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will offer a second food class this spring. The class will focus on planning, planting and caring for a garden: What will you enjoy harvesting and eating? How much will you (realistically) consume? How large an area are you prepared to work on? When should various produce be planted and harvested? Seed-saving techniques will be covered. Experiences will help you learn what to expect.
The class will be offered at the IREA headquarters, 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill., from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 26. Suggested donation is $20. To register, contact the IREA at email@example.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue