- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
IREA offers second food class March 26
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will offer a second food class this spring. The class will focus on planning, planting and caring for a garden: What will you enjoy harvesting and eating? How much will you (realistically) consume? How large an area are you prepared to work on? When should various produce be planted and harvested? Seed-saving techniques will be covered. Experiences will help you learn what to expect.
The class will be offered at the IREA headquarters, 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill., from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 26. Suggested donation is $20. To register, contact the IREA at email@example.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue