- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
IREA offers second food class March 26
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will offer a second food class this spring. The class will focus on planning, planting and caring for a garden: What will you enjoy harvesting and eating? How much will you (realistically) consume? How large an area are you prepared to work on? When should various produce be planted and harvested? Seed-saving techniques will be covered. Experiences will help you learn what to expect.
The class will be offered at the IREA headquarters, 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill., from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 26. Suggested donation is $20. To register, contact the IREA at email@example.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue