- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
IREA offers second food class March 26
From press release
OREGON, Ill.—The Illinois Renewable Energy Association (IREA) will offer a second food class this spring. The class will focus on planning, planting and caring for a garden: What will you enjoy harvesting and eating? How much will you (realistically) consume? How large an area are you prepared to work on? When should various produce be planted and harvested? Seed-saving techniques will be covered. Experiences will help you learn what to expect.
The class will be offered at the IREA headquarters, 1230 E. Honey Creek Road, Oregon, Ill., from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 26. Suggested donation is $20. To register, contact the IREA at email@example.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue