- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Next Rockford to host School Board Candidate Forum March 24
From press release
Next Rockford is partnering with the Rockford Register Star, Rockford Chamber of Commerce, and the League of Women Voters to host a Rockford School Board Candidate Forum from 6-8 p.m., Thursday, March 24, at Heartland Church. The event is free and open to the public.
Nancy Kalchbrenner, former Rockford School Board president, will moderate a three-person panel that will ask questions of the candidates. Panelists will include Next Rockford Education Committee Chairman Amanda Hamaker; Rockford Register Star Senior Editor Chuck Sweeny; and Rockford Chamber of Commerce President Einar Forsman.
Topics at the forum will include budget and finance; board communication and governance; and strategic planning and direction of the school district. Attendees will also have the opportunity to speak informally with candidates in their sub-district following the conclusion of the formal Q & A event.
“The future of the Rockford public schools are top of mind in our community right now,” says John Groh, facilitator for Next Rockford. “Our members are actively involved in education issues in Rockford, and we’re proud to be partnering with the Register Star and the League to organize this event. We are urging members of the community to learn more about the candidates, and this event will provide a great opportunity.”
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue