- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Park District Police awarded for Polar Plunge efforts
At the recent Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Rockford Park District Police were presented with awards for the most money raised by an individual and by a team at the 2011 Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge held March 5 at Olson Lake in Rock Cut State Park to benefit Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics. Officer Jeff Stacy raised $4,051.77, and the Park Police team raised $4,526.77. The Rockford Park District also received a recognition award for its support of the Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue