- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Park District Police awarded for Polar Plunge efforts
At the recent Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Rockford Park District Police were presented with awards for the most money raised by an individual and by a team at the 2011 Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge held March 5 at Olson Lake in Rock Cut State Park to benefit Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics. Officer Jeff Stacy raised $4,051.77, and the Park Police team raised $4,526.77. The Rockford Park District also received a recognition award for its support of the Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue