- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Park District Police awarded for Polar Plunge efforts
At the recent Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Rockford Park District Police were presented with awards for the most money raised by an individual and by a team at the 2011 Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge held March 5 at Olson Lake in Rock Cut State Park to benefit Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics. Officer Jeff Stacy raised $4,051.77, and the Park Police team raised $4,526.77. The Rockford Park District also received a recognition award for its support of the Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue