- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Park District Police awarded for Polar Plunge efforts
At the recent Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Rockford Park District Police were presented with awards for the most money raised by an individual and by a team at the 2011 Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge held March 5 at Olson Lake in Rock Cut State Park to benefit Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics. Officer Jeff Stacy raised $4,051.77, and the Park Police team raised $4,526.77. The Rockford Park District also received a recognition award for its support of the Northwestern Illinois Special Olympics.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue