- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Small cell lung cancer benefit
From press release
RockfordSupport.com is hosting a benefit for Jim Foster from 2-7 p.m., Sunday, March 20 at Casey’s Pub in Loves Park. Foster was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer this past January. His family and Rockford Support are doing all they can to raise money for his medical bills.
Casey’s will be donating a lunch/dinner buffet with hot ham and roast beef, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, pasta salad and silver dollar rolls. The Urban family will be charging $10 per plate and $3 for children.
“This will be Rockford Support’s first benefit since the launch of the program,” says Nick Fosberg, owner of RockfordSupport.com and Casey’s Pub. “Being able to help people pay their medical bills due to unfortunate situations is a great feeling, and I plan to keep this new program going.
If you would like to support Jim and his family, join them March 20 at Casey’s Pub. You can also go to www.RockfordSupport.com to get more information about how they can help someone you know.
For more information, contact Nick Fosberg at (815) 509-8670 or e-mail at Nickfosberg@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue