- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
Small cell lung cancer benefit
From press release
RockfordSupport.com is hosting a benefit for Jim Foster from 2-7 p.m., Sunday, March 20 at Casey’s Pub in Loves Park. Foster was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer this past January. His family and Rockford Support are doing all they can to raise money for his medical bills.
Casey’s will be donating a lunch/dinner buffet with hot ham and roast beef, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, pasta salad and silver dollar rolls. The Urban family will be charging $10 per plate and $3 for children.
“This will be Rockford Support’s first benefit since the launch of the program,” says Nick Fosberg, owner of RockfordSupport.com and Casey’s Pub. “Being able to help people pay their medical bills due to unfortunate situations is a great feeling, and I plan to keep this new program going.
If you would like to support Jim and his family, join them March 20 at Casey’s Pub. You can also go to www.RockfordSupport.com to get more information about how they can help someone you know.
For more information, contact Nick Fosberg at (815) 509-8670 or e-mail at Nickfosberg@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue