- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Small cell lung cancer benefit
From press release
RockfordSupport.com is hosting a benefit for Jim Foster from 2-7 p.m., Sunday, March 20 at Casey’s Pub in Loves Park. Foster was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer this past January. His family and Rockford Support are doing all they can to raise money for his medical bills.
Casey’s will be donating a lunch/dinner buffet with hot ham and roast beef, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, pasta salad and silver dollar rolls. The Urban family will be charging $10 per plate and $3 for children.
“This will be Rockford Support’s first benefit since the launch of the program,” says Nick Fosberg, owner of RockfordSupport.com and Casey’s Pub. “Being able to help people pay their medical bills due to unfortunate situations is a great feeling, and I plan to keep this new program going.
If you would like to support Jim and his family, join them March 20 at Casey’s Pub. You can also go to www.RockfordSupport.com to get more information about how they can help someone you know.
For more information, contact Nick Fosberg at (815) 509-8670 or e-mail at Nickfosberg@gmail.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue