- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Wellness for the mind, body and spirit—a lecture series for the active adult
A lecture series is being offered to the citizens of Rockford and surrounding community. This free, six-part series is being sponsored by Siena on Brendenwood, 4444 Brendenwood Road, Rockford, and the series touches on many different aspects for total wellness.
The series runs consecutive Thursdays and Fridays, starting Thursdays, March 31, and concluding Friday, April 15; all presentations are at 1:30 p.m. and will last about an hour.
The speakers and their topics are as follows:
Dr. Owen Phelps–Find and Enjoy Lifelong Abundance–March 31
Lori R. Huttner–Minimize the Risk of Identity Theft–April 1
Ann Chrudimsky–Dining Out/Eating Right–April 7
Susan Sklar–Spark That Brain–April 8
Roni Golan–The Power of Laughter–April 14
Ryan Hulsebus, D.C.–Natural Health–April 15
Although this is a free event, seating is limited, and reservations are required. Visit www.sienaonbrendenwood.org/events for more information. Call (815) 399-6167 to reserve your place at this powerful, life-enhancing lecture series.
From the March 23-29, 2011 issue