- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Wellness for the mind, body and spirit—a lecture series for the active adult
A lecture series is being offered to the citizens of Rockford and surrounding community. This free, six-part series is being sponsored by Siena on Brendenwood, 4444 Brendenwood Road, Rockford, and the series touches on many different aspects for total wellness.
The series runs consecutive Thursdays and Fridays, starting Thursdays, March 31, and concluding Friday, April 15; all presentations are at 1:30 p.m. and will last about an hour.
The speakers and their topics are as follows:
Dr. Owen Phelps–Find and Enjoy Lifelong Abundance–March 31
Lori R. Huttner–Minimize the Risk of Identity Theft–April 1
Ann Chrudimsky–Dining Out/Eating Right–April 7
Susan Sklar–Spark That Brain–April 8
Roni Golan–The Power of Laughter–April 14
Ryan Hulsebus, D.C.–Natural Health–April 15
Although this is a free event, seating is limited, and reservations are required. Visit www.sienaonbrendenwood.org/events for more information. Call (815) 399-6167 to reserve your place at this powerful, life-enhancing lecture series.
From the March 23-29, 2011 issue