- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Beyer Field fund-raiser at Don Carter Lanes March 27
From press release
The Friends of Beyer Field and the Rockford Peaches will host a bowling fund-raiser for the continued restoration of Beyer Field and Stadium from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 27, at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
Enjoy two hours of unlimited bowling, free rentals of house bowling balls and shoes, 50/50 raffles, silent auctions, and prizes for an admission of $20 for adults and $10 for youth ages 16 and younger. Pizza will be provided by Anna’s Pizza of Winnebago.
Beyer Park, home of the Rockford Peaches, welcomed a new baseball diamond, backstop and scoreboard in June 2010, and for the first time in decades, baseball returned to the historic site.
Additional enhancements to the park are planned for 2011; for more information about the park and how to help support the Friends of Beyer Field in their efforts, visit www.beyerpark.org.
Tickets for the March 27 fund-raiser may be purchased at Don Carter Lanes customer service desk, or by contacting Andrew Wright at ATWRIGHT73@yahoo.com.
From the March 23-28 issue