- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Beyer Field fund-raiser at Don Carter Lanes March 27
From press release
The Friends of Beyer Field and the Rockford Peaches will host a bowling fund-raiser for the continued restoration of Beyer Field and Stadium from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 27, at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
Enjoy two hours of unlimited bowling, free rentals of house bowling balls and shoes, 50/50 raffles, silent auctions, and prizes for an admission of $20 for adults and $10 for youth ages 16 and younger. Pizza will be provided by Anna’s Pizza of Winnebago.
Beyer Park, home of the Rockford Peaches, welcomed a new baseball diamond, backstop and scoreboard in June 2010, and for the first time in decades, baseball returned to the historic site.
Additional enhancements to the park are planned for 2011; for more information about the park and how to help support the Friends of Beyer Field in their efforts, visit www.beyerpark.org.
Tickets for the March 27 fund-raiser may be purchased at Don Carter Lanes customer service desk, or by contacting Andrew Wright at ATWRIGHT73@yahoo.com.
From the March 23-28 issue