- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Beyer Field fund-raiser at Don Carter Lanes March 27
From press release
The Friends of Beyer Field and the Rockford Peaches will host a bowling fund-raiser for the continued restoration of Beyer Field and Stadium from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 27, at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
Enjoy two hours of unlimited bowling, free rentals of house bowling balls and shoes, 50/50 raffles, silent auctions, and prizes for an admission of $20 for adults and $10 for youth ages 16 and younger. Pizza will be provided by Anna’s Pizza of Winnebago.
Beyer Park, home of the Rockford Peaches, welcomed a new baseball diamond, backstop and scoreboard in June 2010, and for the first time in decades, baseball returned to the historic site.
Additional enhancements to the park are planned for 2011; for more information about the park and how to help support the Friends of Beyer Field in their efforts, visit www.beyerpark.org.
Tickets for the March 27 fund-raiser may be purchased at Don Carter Lanes customer service desk, or by contacting Andrew Wright at ATWRIGHT73@yahoo.com.
From the March 23-28 issue