- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Beyer Field fund-raiser at Don Carter Lanes March 27
From press release
The Friends of Beyer Field and the Rockford Peaches will host a bowling fund-raiser for the continued restoration of Beyer Field and Stadium from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 27, at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
Enjoy two hours of unlimited bowling, free rentals of house bowling balls and shoes, 50/50 raffles, silent auctions, and prizes for an admission of $20 for adults and $10 for youth ages 16 and younger. Pizza will be provided by Anna’s Pizza of Winnebago.
Beyer Park, home of the Rockford Peaches, welcomed a new baseball diamond, backstop and scoreboard in June 2010, and for the first time in decades, baseball returned to the historic site.
Additional enhancements to the park are planned for 2011; for more information about the park and how to help support the Friends of Beyer Field in their efforts, visit www.beyerpark.org.
Tickets for the March 27 fund-raiser may be purchased at Don Carter Lanes customer service desk, or by contacting Andrew Wright at ATWRIGHT73@yahoo.com.
From the March 23-28 issue