- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Golden Apple Foundation awards five recipients
Golden Apple Foundation announced the five Golden Apple recipients for 2011. They are: Carol L. Davies, English, Boylan Catholic High School, Rockford; Carl Hobbs, business, Belvidere High School, Belvidere; Dr. Ann E. Reynolds, health, Hononegah High School, Rockton; Rissa Spangler, special education, Eisenhower Middle School, Rockford; and Bradley C. Stott, history, Keith Country Day School, Rockford. These distinguished sixtht hrough 12th-grade teachers were among 20 outstanding finalists.
From the March 23-29