- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Pets: SPAY ILLINOIS offers low-cost Spay/Neuter Day
SPAY ILLINOIS is hosting a low-cost Spay/Neuter Day for all residents in the Rockford area. There are no income qualifications or county restrictions to participate.
All dogs will be $80 and cats $50; feral cats that are brought in a trap will be $45 and will include a rabies vaccine, ear tip and pain shot.
Pets being spayed or neutered that day also qualify for $15 rabies vaccines, $15 distemper combos, $15 heartworm testing, $20 micro-chipping, and low-cost heartworm prevention.
The Spay/Neuter Day is March 28, and you must call to make an appointment. There are only 40 spots available for this day, and they are filling up fast. Call (877) 475-7729 for more information or to make your appointment.
From the March 23-29 issue