- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Pets: SPAY ILLINOIS offers low-cost Spay/Neuter Day
SPAY ILLINOIS is hosting a low-cost Spay/Neuter Day for all residents in the Rockford area. There are no income qualifications or county restrictions to participate.
All dogs will be $80 and cats $50; feral cats that are brought in a trap will be $45 and will include a rabies vaccine, ear tip and pain shot.
Pets being spayed or neutered that day also qualify for $15 rabies vaccines, $15 distemper combos, $15 heartworm testing, $20 micro-chipping, and low-cost heartworm prevention.
The Spay/Neuter Day is March 28, and you must call to make an appointment. There are only 40 spots available for this day, and they are filling up fast. Call (877) 475-7729 for more information or to make your appointment.
From the March 23-29 issue