- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
April 2 gospel concert raises funds for basketball program
Second Congregational United Church of Christ hosts concert beginning at 7 p.m.
A gospel concert will be held Friday, April 2, at Second Congregational United Church of Christ, 318 N. Church St., as a fund-raiser to support the 2-Con Summer Basketball League. Concert begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m.
2-Con is a basketball program organized by coach S. Lamont Johnson for young men, ages 12-16, whose parents lack the resources to cover the expense or travel required for other basketball camps.
The gospel concert fund-raiser will feature the New World Travelers; New Zion Baptist Church, Allen Chapel AME Church and Rock Valley College gospel choirs; special guest soloists Geneva Stewart and Justin Djuane Francis; and Master of Ceremonies, Lori Flemming, from WNTA 1330 AM radio.
Free-will donations will be accepted at the door. For more details, call Johnson at (815) 298-3587 or Mary Jensen at (815) 963-8431.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011, issue