- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Behr Iron and Steel wins John Deere award
People in Our Times
Metal recycling leader Behr Iron and Steel has received the 2010 Supplier of the Year Award for indirect materials from the Construction and Forestry Division of John Deere, the $26 billion world-leading provider of products and services for agriculture, forestry, construction, lawn and turf care landscaping and irrigation.
Behr was the only divisional recipient out of some 1,036 indirect materials suppliers to the Construction Forestry Division.
The award comes as a result of Behr’s work in partnering with John Deere’s Construction and Forestry Division to develop and implement new scrap management processes that improve scrap revenues, service and safety, and help meet increasingly stringent environmental standards.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue