- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Behr Iron and Steel wins John Deere award
People in Our Times
Metal recycling leader Behr Iron and Steel has received the 2010 Supplier of the Year Award for indirect materials from the Construction and Forestry Division of John Deere, the $26 billion world-leading provider of products and services for agriculture, forestry, construction, lawn and turf care landscaping and irrigation.
Behr was the only divisional recipient out of some 1,036 indirect materials suppliers to the Construction Forestry Division.
The award comes as a result of Behr’s work in partnering with John Deere’s Construction and Forestry Division to develop and implement new scrap management processes that improve scrap revenues, service and safety, and help meet increasingly stringent environmental standards.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue