- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
Behr Iron and Steel wins John Deere award
People in Our Times
Metal recycling leader Behr Iron and Steel has received the 2010 Supplier of the Year Award for indirect materials from the Construction and Forestry Division of John Deere, the $26 billion world-leading provider of products and services for agriculture, forestry, construction, lawn and turf care landscaping and irrigation.
Behr was the only divisional recipient out of some 1,036 indirect materials suppliers to the Construction Forestry Division.
The award comes as a result of Behr’s work in partnering with John Deere’s Construction and Forestry Division to develop and implement new scrap management processes that improve scrap revenues, service and safety, and help meet increasingly stringent environmental standards.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue