- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Economy: Discussion addresses impact of mega dairies
Dr. John Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri, Columbia, speaks at the “When a Mega-Dairy Comes In” public discussion March 28 at Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The event, organized by the 501(c)(3) Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (HOMES), addressed the impact mega dairies have on farmers, the environment, communities and the food supply. Visit stopthemegadairy.org for more information.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011