- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Economy: Discussion addresses impact of mega dairies
Dr. John Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri, Columbia, speaks at the “When a Mega-Dairy Comes In” public discussion March 28 at Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The event, organized by the 501(c)(3) Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (HOMES), addressed the impact mega dairies have on farmers, the environment, communities and the food supply. Visit stopthemegadairy.org for more information.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011