- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Economy: Discussion addresses impact of mega dairies
Dr. John Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri, Columbia, speaks at the “When a Mega-Dairy Comes In” public discussion March 28 at Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The event, organized by the 501(c)(3) Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (HOMES), addressed the impact mega dairies have on farmers, the environment, communities and the food supply. Visit stopthemegadairy.org for more information.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011