- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Economy: Discussion addresses impact of mega dairies
Dr. John Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri, Columbia, speaks at the “When a Mega-Dairy Comes In” public discussion March 28 at Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The event, organized by the 501(c)(3) Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (HOMES), addressed the impact mega dairies have on farmers, the environment, communities and the food supply. Visit stopthemegadairy.org for more information.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011