- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Economy: Discussion addresses impact of mega dairies
Dr. John Ikerd, professor emeritus of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri, Columbia, speaks at the “When a Mega-Dairy Comes In” public discussion March 28 at Clock Tower Resort in Rockford.
The event, organized by the 501(c)(3) Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (HOMES), addressed the impact mega dairies have on farmers, the environment, communities and the food supply. Visit stopthemegadairy.org for more information.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011