- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
To the Editor: Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry requests donations
Dear Area Businesses:
April 9, 2011, the Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry will hold its yearly fund-raiser, which includes a live auction and a silent auction. For this fund-raiser to be a success, we require the assistance of area businesses to provide donations of goods or services for our auctions.
We also sell advertisements in our program. If you would like to have your business advertised in our program, you can place a business card ad for $25; a half-page ad for $50; or a full-page ad for $100. Any donation you give will be greatly appreciated.
Another opportunity to support the pantry is through a table sponsorship. The cost to sponsor a table is $50.
Your information will be placed on a table plaque on the center of your table. We would also like you to have 10 people attend the event, as our event cannot be successful without people attending it.
The “April Foods” Fund-raiser will take place at the North Boone Fire Station on Route 173 in Poplar Grove, Ill., on Saturday, April 9, from 2 to 6 p.m.
The event includes a silent and live auction, adult balloon grab, fish bowl raffle, games for the children, door prizes given every half-hour, and much more. Bring your family for an afternoon of fun!
If you have any questions, please contact me at (815) 569-1571.
Belvidere/Boone County Food Pantry
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue