- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Revised opinion on Morrissey and Sheffield
Re: “Mayor Morrissey serves the Kool-Aid” by David Stocker, I am a former Rockford resident who never had much of an opinion on either Mayor Morrissey or Dr. LaVonne Sheffield.
I agree Rockford is kind of a mess in general, but I am only an occasional visitor. After reading David Stocker’s rant, I have new admiration for the Mayor and for Dr. Sheffield. They have big problems to solve, and are dealing with them. They deserve kudos, not platitudes and leftist posturing.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue