- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
To the Editor: Revised opinion on Morrissey and Sheffield
Re: “Mayor Morrissey serves the Kool-Aid” by David Stocker, I am a former Rockford resident who never had much of an opinion on either Mayor Morrissey or Dr. LaVonne Sheffield.
I agree Rockford is kind of a mess in general, but I am only an occasional visitor. After reading David Stocker’s rant, I have new admiration for the Mayor and for Dr. Sheffield. They have big problems to solve, and are dealing with them. They deserve kudos, not platitudes and leftist posturing.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue