- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
To the Editor: Revised opinion on Morrissey and Sheffield
Re: “Mayor Morrissey serves the Kool-Aid” by David Stocker, I am a former Rockford resident who never had much of an opinion on either Mayor Morrissey or Dr. LaVonne Sheffield.
I agree Rockford is kind of a mess in general, but I am only an occasional visitor. After reading David Stocker’s rant, I have new admiration for the Mayor and for Dr. Sheffield. They have big problems to solve, and are dealing with them. They deserve kudos, not platitudes and leftist posturing.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue