- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
To the Editor: Revised opinion on Morrissey and Sheffield
Re: “Mayor Morrissey serves the Kool-Aid” by David Stocker, I am a former Rockford resident who never had much of an opinion on either Mayor Morrissey or Dr. LaVonne Sheffield.
I agree Rockford is kind of a mess in general, but I am only an occasional visitor. After reading David Stocker’s rant, I have new admiration for the Mayor and for Dr. Sheffield. They have big problems to solve, and are dealing with them. They deserve kudos, not platitudes and leftist posturing.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue