- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
To the Editor: Vote for Jim Tegtmeyer for Mayor of Oregon, Ill.
I write this letter in support of Jim Tegtmeyer for mayor of Oregon.
As most of you know, Terrace View Boulevard is half in the city and half in the county. I happen to live in the county half, so I cannot vote for mayor of Oregon. But the person elected mayor of the City of Oregon greatly affects all of us in the area.
I have known Jim for a number of years. He is a quality individual. His work ethic is strong and true. He would devote his many talents and much of his energy to serving all of us.
Oregon needs some talented help. When I walk down the streets, I enjoy the flowers and plantings done last year with much work by Merlin and the Park District and some of the city employees.
But I challenge you to raise your eyes to the second story of our downtown buildings. Much help is needed. Our downtown is rapidly becoming service oriented rather than commercial and retail. Some real work is needed to improve the quality and quantity of our choices. I would always rather SHOP AT HOME.
Jim offers us choices and integrity. He is not a part of the same-old, same-old. Please take a minute and contact Jim at (815) 222-6879 or check out his website at www.tegtmeyer4mayor.com. He’s worth your time and effort. Then, be sure and get out and vote for the “guy in the middle” of your ballot.
Lynne S. Kilker
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue