- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Vote for John LaMendola
John LaMendola is a candidate for commissioner on the South Beloit city council. I have known John for 12 years. I would like to tell you why I think you should consider voting for him.
He is now retired after 35 years in law enforcement. I believe John possesses the moral values and integrity that government demands. John is a problem solver. He is straight-forward and a consensus builder; using common sense and an incorruptible attitude toward solving problems.
Above all, I believe he is an honest person, willing to do the right thing for South Beloit.
I hope you will vote for him.
Victor P. Kace Jr.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue