- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
To the Editor: Vote for John LaMendola
John LaMendola is a candidate for commissioner on the South Beloit city council. I have known John for 12 years. I would like to tell you why I think you should consider voting for him.
He is now retired after 35 years in law enforcement. I believe John possesses the moral values and integrity that government demands. John is a problem solver. He is straight-forward and a consensus builder; using common sense and an incorruptible attitude toward solving problems.
Above all, I believe he is an honest person, willing to do the right thing for South Beloit.
I hope you will vote for him.
Victor P. Kace Jr.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue