- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
To the Editor: Vote for John LaMendola
John LaMendola is a candidate for commissioner on the South Beloit city council. I have known John for 12 years. I would like to tell you why I think you should consider voting for him.
He is now retired after 35 years in law enforcement. I believe John possesses the moral values and integrity that government demands. John is a problem solver. He is straight-forward and a consensus builder; using common sense and an incorruptible attitude toward solving problems.
Above all, I believe he is an honest person, willing to do the right thing for South Beloit.
I hope you will vote for him.
Victor P. Kace Jr.
From the March 30-April 5, 2011 issue