- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Bark and Wine Gala April 9
Join Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, Inc., at its Fourth Annual Bark and Wine Gala, a wine tasting and silent auction event from 5-9 p.m., Saturday, April 9, at the S.M. & S.E. Club, 1010 Sandy Hollow Road, Rockford.
Help raise money for Rockford’s only no-kill animal shelter. The event includes wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres, spectacular auction items from spas to car repair and everything in between; quarter buckets; and wonderful door prizes. See pictures of the adoptable pets and learn more about Noah’s Ark.
Tickets are $25 each or two for $45 and will enter you for a chance to win the many door prizes as well as the complimentary wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres. All proceeds will directly support Noah’s Ark.
Call (815) 962-2767 or fax (815) 962-7204. E-mail: email@example.com. Contact Marcia. For larger groups, $250 tickets are available. Tickets are available at the Ark or by mail if you send in your payment to: Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, 111 N. First St., Rockford, IL 61107.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue