- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Bark and Wine Gala April 9
Join Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, Inc., at its Fourth Annual Bark and Wine Gala, a wine tasting and silent auction event from 5-9 p.m., Saturday, April 9, at the S.M. & S.E. Club, 1010 Sandy Hollow Road, Rockford.
Help raise money for Rockford’s only no-kill animal shelter. The event includes wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres, spectacular auction items from spas to car repair and everything in between; quarter buckets; and wonderful door prizes. See pictures of the adoptable pets and learn more about Noah’s Ark.
Tickets are $25 each or two for $45 and will enter you for a chance to win the many door prizes as well as the complimentary wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres. All proceeds will directly support Noah’s Ark.
Call (815) 962-2767 or fax (815) 962-7204. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Marcia. For larger groups, $250 tickets are available. Tickets are available at the Ark or by mail if you send in your payment to: Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, 111 N. First St., Rockford, IL 61107.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue