- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Literary Hook: Local Author Book Signing and Discussion April 13
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
Come celebrate National Library Week and National Poetry Month with North Suburban Library, and meet local authors in your community. Local Author Book Signing and Discussion will be held Wednesday, April 13, 6-8 p.m., at North Suburban Library, 6340 N. Second St., Loves Park. Featured authors will discuss their books briefly and possibly read excerpts.
The authors will have their books available for sale. Only cash or checks will be accepted for book purchases. Refreshments and door prizes will also be part of the evening. Everyone is welcome, and the program is free to the public. For more information, you may call Nicole Johnson, Adult Services supervisor, North Suburban Library District, (815) 633-4247, ext. 27; or e-mail email@example.com.
I hope to see you there!
Local authors at Rock Valley April 13
April is National Poetry Month. Attend a poetry reading and book signing with area authors at Rock Valley College.
Area writers will read their poetry April 13, at 3:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Room (lower level of the Educational Resources Center) of Rock Valley College. Writers include: Mary Caskey, Christine Swanberg, Richard Swanson and Coleen Martin Williams. Those interested may purchase books and have them signed by the poets following the reading.
This event is presented by the Friends of the Estelle M. Black Library at Rock Valley College.
From the April 6-10, 2011 issue