- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
RAMP receives generous gift from Roberts family
RAMP announced its first endowment gift in DeKalb County, given by the Doug & Lynn Roberts family from Sycamore in the amount of $5,000. RAMP opened an endowment at the DeKalb County Community Foundation with $10,000 in hopes of reaching a goal of $70,000.
The money from the endowment will be used to support and fund Youth Education & Advocacy services, more specifically, the Teens ’N Transition Program (T’NT). For teen-age students with disabilities, it is imperative they prepare for their transition into adulthood.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue