- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
RAMP receives generous gift from Roberts family
RAMP announced its first endowment gift in DeKalb County, given by the Doug & Lynn Roberts family from Sycamore in the amount of $5,000. RAMP opened an endowment at the DeKalb County Community Foundation with $10,000 in hopes of reaching a goal of $70,000.
The money from the endowment will be used to support and fund Youth Education & Advocacy services, more specifically, the Teens ’N Transition Program (T’NT). For teen-age students with disabilities, it is imperative they prepare for their transition into adulthood.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue