- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Rainbow/PUSH Coalition member drive April 9
Rainbow/PUSH Coalition will host a buffet dinner from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 9, at JT’s Bourbon Street Grille.
The event aims to help form a local chapter of Rainbow/PUSH and increase the group’s local membership.
Speakers include Pastor Walter H. Blalark, president of the Northwest Suburban Chapter of Rainbow/PUSH; Bishop Tavis Grant, Rainbow/PUSH national field director; and the Rev. Herbert L. Johnson, pastor at Liberty Baptist Church.
The buffet dinner is free for the first 50 people who sign up for or renew their Rainbow/PUSH memberships. Yearly membership dues are $35. The buffet dinner is $8 for all others.
Rainbow/PUSH is a nonprofit organization formed as a merger of two nonprofit organizations—Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity) and the National Rainbow Coalition—founded by Jesse Jackson. The organizations pursue social justice, civil rights and political activism.
JT’s Bourbon Street Grille is at 1407 N. Main St., Rockford. Call (815) 262-2274 or (815) 964-4400 for more information.
From the April 6-12, 2011, issue