- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Rainbow/PUSH Coalition member drive April 9
Rainbow/PUSH Coalition will host a buffet dinner from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 9, at JT’s Bourbon Street Grille.
The event aims to help form a local chapter of Rainbow/PUSH and increase the group’s local membership.
Speakers include Pastor Walter H. Blalark, president of the Northwest Suburban Chapter of Rainbow/PUSH; Bishop Tavis Grant, Rainbow/PUSH national field director; and the Rev. Herbert L. Johnson, pastor at Liberty Baptist Church.
The buffet dinner is free for the first 50 people who sign up for or renew their Rainbow/PUSH memberships. Yearly membership dues are $35. The buffet dinner is $8 for all others.
Rainbow/PUSH is a nonprofit organization formed as a merger of two nonprofit organizations—Operation PUSH (People United to Save Humanity) and the National Rainbow Coalition—founded by Jesse Jackson. The organizations pursue social justice, civil rights and political activism.
JT’s Bourbon Street Grille is at 1407 N. Main St., Rockford. Call (815) 262-2274 or (815) 964-4400 for more information.
From the April 6-12, 2011, issue