- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Boone County Habitat marks Earth Day with reminder to donate vehicles
Earth Day is April 22 Boone County Habitat for Humanity is urging everyone to celebrate Earth Day by donating vehicles to Cars for Homes, which is Habitat’s vehicle donation program. If you have older vehicles that do not meet current efficiency and emission standards, get them off the roads by donating them to Habitat. Funds realized from those donations help put local families into energy-efficient homes. This is the perfect recycling program!
To make a donation to Cars for Homes, call the toll-free number (1-877-277-4344) or visit www.carsforhomes.org. It’s a convenient way to support Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Ill., and create more space in your garage, driveway, or yard!