- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
To the Editor: Boone County Habitat marks Earth Day with reminder to donate vehicles
Earth Day is April 22 Boone County Habitat for Humanity is urging everyone to celebrate Earth Day by donating vehicles to Cars for Homes, which is Habitat’s vehicle donation program. If you have older vehicles that do not meet current efficiency and emission standards, get them off the roads by donating them to Habitat. Funds realized from those donations help put local families into energy-efficient homes. This is the perfect recycling program!
To make a donation to Cars for Homes, call the toll-free number (1-877-277-4344) or visit www.carsforhomes.org. It’s a convenient way to support Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Ill., and create more space in your garage, driveway, or yard!