- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
To the Editor: Boone County Habitat marks Earth Day with reminder to donate vehicles
Earth Day is April 22 Boone County Habitat for Humanity is urging everyone to celebrate Earth Day by donating vehicles to Cars for Homes, which is Habitat’s vehicle donation program. If you have older vehicles that do not meet current efficiency and emission standards, get them off the roads by donating them to Habitat. Funds realized from those donations help put local families into energy-efficient homes. This is the perfect recycling program!
To make a donation to Cars for Homes, call the toll-free number (1-877-277-4344) or visit www.carsforhomes.org. It’s a convenient way to support Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Ill., and create more space in your garage, driveway, or yard!