- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
To the Editor: Boone County Habitat marks Earth Day with reminder to donate vehicles
Earth Day is April 22 Boone County Habitat for Humanity is urging everyone to celebrate Earth Day by donating vehicles to Cars for Homes, which is Habitat’s vehicle donation program. If you have older vehicles that do not meet current efficiency and emission standards, get them off the roads by donating them to Habitat. Funds realized from those donations help put local families into energy-efficient homes. This is the perfect recycling program!
To make a donation to Cars for Homes, call the toll-free number (1-877-277-4344) or visit www.carsforhomes.org. It’s a convenient way to support Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Ill., and create more space in your garage, driveway, or yard!