- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
To the Editor: Boone County Habitat marks Earth Day with reminder to donate vehicles
Earth Day is April 22 Boone County Habitat for Humanity is urging everyone to celebrate Earth Day by donating vehicles to Cars for Homes, which is Habitat’s vehicle donation program. If you have older vehicles that do not meet current efficiency and emission standards, get them off the roads by donating them to Habitat. Funds realized from those donations help put local families into energy-efficient homes. This is the perfect recycling program!
To make a donation to Cars for Homes, call the toll-free number (1-877-277-4344) or visit www.carsforhomes.org. It’s a convenient way to support Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, Ill., and create more space in your garage, driveway, or yard!